Form and Fiber Inc.
ALUMINUM POWDER COATED PLANTERS
Form and Fiber Inc. offers a 2-year limited warranty on our powder coated finish and a 3-year limited warranty on the aluminum structure itself. Structure warranty is to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and all warranties are from the date of delivery to your project. All Form and Fiber warranties are provided to the original purchaser and are non-transferable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Surface marring caused by failure to remove steel shipping straps and/or protective plastic wrapping in a timely manner. If left on for extended period, including exposure to climatic heat, rain, etc., the surface finish of powder coated planters can be greatly affected.
2. Damage incurred from dropping of units during installation, causing chipping or scratching of powder coat finish and/or denting of aluminum units.
3. Damage that occurs as the result of impact, act of vandalism, or natural disaster, including hail and/or severe weather damage.
4. Damage that occurs as a result of modifications, or from other parts/systems integrated into planters, (not manufactured by Form and Fiber), including irrigation and drainage installation, piping systems, and any damages resulting from such systems.
5. Damage caused by improperly lifting/moving of unit or relocation movement.
6. Damage caused by direct human interaction, sitting or standing on, using product to pop bottle tops, etc.
7. Warping caused by use of expansive soil in planters. Light weight planter pot soil should be used to avoid stress incurred as soils retain moisture and experience freeze/thaw cycles.
8. Damage, including rusting, popping, or peeling of Manufacturer’s bonded surface finish caused by drilling, boring, and/or cutting into any part of the Aluminum product will void the product warranty in its entirety, unless agreed to in writing by Manufacturer.
9. Modification of the finish or to the existing surface, including affixing of id or memory of plates.
10. Surface damage from use of chemicals cleaners, or abrasive cleaning tools and power washers.
11. Planters used as water features.
12. Interior planters with irrigation/drainage systems installed, other than manual watering.
13. Surface finishes are not warrantied for exposure to salt water air and/or salt water environments.
This warranty does not cover claims for items that have been subject to damage that occurs as the result of impact, mishandling, misuse, neglect, accident, act of vandalism, or natural disaster, or that have been modified or altered, or items that have been subject to maintenance practices other than those specified herein.
It is the Project Designer and/or Project Owner’s responsibility for proper placement of Aluminum products within the built environment, which includes responsibility for understanding the nature of the product material purchased. Form and Fiber, Inc. is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages incurred from the Purchaser’s and/or Project Owner’s lack of product understanding and/or responsibility for installation. In the case that a product is to be replaced due to Manufacturer defect or failure, Form and Fiber, Inc. will replace product according to terms of Warranty specified herein, and is not responsible for any incidental or consequential damages incurred by replacement of product, beyond warrantied product itself.
1. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to review all units shipped at time of delivery and off-loading. Any damage should be reported at that time to the freight carrier. All freight damage claims are handled between Purchaser and Freight Carrier. Form and Fiber will not file claims on the Purchaser’s behalf, nor mediate or manage the freight claims process.
2. Photos of damaged products must be taken while the object is still attached to the pallet in order to be considered as valid evidence of mishandling by the freight carrier and Purchaser is required to provide photographs with freight claim for damage.
3. All warranty claims should be handled with a Form and Fiber Representative, directly. Warranty claims will require proper documentation including the original invoice.
4. Upon review of the warranty claim filed by Purchaser, it will be at Form and Fiber’s discretion to either fix the existing defective product, replace the existing defective product or offer a refund on the product less any freight, packaging, and up-charge fees.